Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WATER!!!!

Yesterday (finally) the well was dug. Six hours and 150 feet down! Tears weren't far from my eyes as I saw the beautiful sight of water spouting 20ft in the air.
Today they are hooking it up to the house. Pray that this goes smoothly, nothing since my last post has! Getting to yesterday was a struggle, digging didn't go as planned, so lets pray we don't find any forgotten wires or other buried treasures!
After today we can't do anything for a week. The inspector has to come back out, test the water and check the well. From then I am not sure what is going on. Our caseworker is now on maternity leave until November, I am praying we make a little progress before then!
I can't help but think, New water = New life. A new life added to our family, a new lifestyle for us, and hopefully renewed life for some child.
                                 Notice all the orange flags...that will give you a hint what one problem was


The were only 130ft @ this point
Driller pulling bit out

After he was done drilling and things were almost packed away Jeff (driller), informed me that he and his wife have done foster care for many years. They take a lot of the medically challenged and severe special needs (downs, austisic, etc.) kids. He has never adopted any of the kids but stays in touch with a lot of them.I pray that "our child" is in a Christian home like Jeffs.
 It is amazing to see God is work in this process. Not all the time can I see him, trust me the last three weeks have been a struggle, but He has opened so many doors for us to talk about him, most of the time to complete strangers.
 He really does work in strange ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment