Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The call

The call has come.
 July 12 at 3:30pm we will met Judge Mable Mayfield as she signs the papers stating baby boy and baby girl are ours forever!

Brandon said is best when asked if he was excited. "In my mind and heart November 10 is the day we became a family" He is right, the finalization will not come close to the excitement of that day but it will still be exciting. I will finally be able to breath. No more worrying about every bump and scrape they get. No more waiting for a caseworker to call or come over. No more nightmares of them being taken because something happened. I/we will be stepping out of the glass box I feel we have been living in for the last 71/2 months.

On a different note, last week Thursday was the day that we have had the twins exactly half of their lives. It was also the day our 3months of adoptive care were up. I love how God has put all of these little details together. I had counted out the day we would have them half of their life shortly after Christmas, months before they were moved into adoptive care. It is not a coincidence that these two dates fall on the same day. God has made me special with dates so I can see his workings in our life. Who else would think of counting days? Brandon thought I was off my rocker when I told him the half way mark. Who's laughing now? :)

I want to thank everyone for the support you have given us. The prayers have gotten us through some tough times. The love you have shown by just by accepting us as a family is overwhelming to me. It was scary stepping out in faith. I had so many fears the fact that you are reading this shows that you care, you want to know, and you're right beside us. Stepping out in faith isn't as hard when you have a great support system like we do.

Blessings
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment